Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 May 2010

It's the Elections tomorrow




My final and urgent message to you all before the Polling Stations open tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow is an important day for you, it is an important day for me and it is also a very important day for Little Lever and Darcy Lever.

You each have two votes - one in the General Election and one in the Local Election for Ward Councillor - a position I hope I have filled for the last four years with hard work and enterprise in representing your views and trying to solve your problems.

I would not presume how you should vote in the General Election - I'm not 100% certain how I will vote.

The following are my reasons for asking you to vote for me, Sean Hornby, to carry on representing you for the next four years.

1) Being part of Party Group on the Council as I have been for the last four years, has in some cases inhibited me from doing or saying as much as I would have wished. An example of this is the unfair distribution of resources across the Borough.

The party machines in the Council consider that Little Lever and Darcy Lever are like the rich relatives of the Borough. This has resulted in resources being targeted at the so called deprived areas of the town such as Great Lever, Daubhill. Deane and Halliwell.

To criticise this would ensure that the Party Whip would wag a finger and say -'You can't say that'

This 'Cabal' at the Town Hall needs to be challenged and can only be done by an Independent Councillor

As an Independent Councillor I would be able to say and do what I like on your behalf.

If elected - I would be the first Independent Councillor in Bolton for over twenty years.

2) I have worked very hard over four years, not just on the 2000+ items of casework for individual residents but on some of the more difficult larger issues : -

The Decline of the Village Centre -

Provision for the disaffected youth -

Regeneration of grot spots -

Repair and maintenance of roads, footpaths and Council Housing stock.

These are ongoing issues, as are the Travellers Camp, the Racecourse Ground Rents, Pennine Pets, Problems from Crompton Lodges and others.

I have built up a momentum on all of these and that momentum needs to be continued.

3) Of all the Candidates for the Local Election tomorrow, -

I am the one with the Track Record and Experience.

I am the one with Age and Energy on my side.

I am the one who is outspoken about and gets publicity for the issues affecting our Ward.

I am the one whose full time job is representing you.



Please consider voting tomorrow for me, - Sean Hornby, - your Independent Candidate, to ensure a Better Future for Little Lever and Darcy Lever - two places I have known, lived in, worked in and loved all my life.

Councillor Sean Hornby

Promoted by Paul Richardson 24 Ripon Close Little Lever BL3 1EQ on behalf of Sean Hornby 35 Williams St Little Lever BL3 1LQ

No comments:

Post a Comment