Search This Blog

Saturday 1 May 2010

Hardy Hall Public Meeting Chaired by Councillor Sean Hornby about Development on Greenbelt



Cllr Sean Hornby Chairing the packed meeting at Hardy Hall



Concerned residents from all over Little Lever



Cllr Sean Hornby addresses the packed room to inform them of the concerns he and residents have with Cllr Mary Woodward at his side

What I've done since then

Following the Public Meeting last Wednesday which I organised and Chaired and at which I and the other Ward Councillors listened to your views and concerns, I, on the following day presented a letter to The Director of Development and Regeneration at Bolton Council formally asking that Bolton Council should investigate the possibility of purchasing the land and incorporating it into the Country Park.

Because of my previous conversations with him, some work on this was already being done.



At the same time I asked him to contact the Canal Society to find out the status of their plans to renovate this part of the Canal.

I have also been contacted by Mr Donelon who wanted to know what had happened at the meeting. I told him that if he wanted to know that then he should have attended the meeting.

He also demanded a copy of the Minutes. I informed him that we hadn't taken any.

I have spoken to the Land Registry about the Restriction placed in the Title Register in December 2009. Their explanation leads me to believe that this is quite a common occurrence when land is owned jointly by two people and I do not think that there is any significance in this for us.

I do think that it would be wise to pursue the establishment of Private Rights of Way over this land under the 1832 Prescriptions Act.

This basically says that if you have exercised a right of way over someone else's land for over 20 years you are deemed to have been granted a legal right of way by the land owner provided that the right has been exercised "without force, without secrecy and without permission."

This would apply to use of the vehicular access from Hall Lane to the Basin as well as any well trodden footpaths.

We need to collect Statements from any residents to this effect before seeking legal advice as to how to proceed.

Councillor Sean Hornby

Promoted by Paul Richardson 24 Ripon Close Little Lever BL3 1EQ on behalf of Sean Hornby 35 Williams St Little Lever BL3 1LQ

No comments:

Post a Comment